Scope of personal data collection and purpose of processing
Personal data is the personal data directly provided by you in connection with the services available on our website. Such data may include the following:
• Contact details and data on your communication with Megalant (e-mail address, phone number, date, time and content of communication by post or e-mail, as well as the date, time and duration of phone calls);
• Data on the use of Megalant website (visit dates and times, site pages, i.e., URLs visited, retention times on each site page, number of pages visited, total time of website visits, actions taken on the website) and data on received messages (e-mails)
• Other data provided voluntarily to Megalant by the user when requesting certain services that require such data.
Megalant collects some or all of the above personal data solely on the basis of your consent. Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time, but from the moment of withdrawal, you will not be able to use the services available on the megalant.com website. Consent is withdrawn by giving notification to Megalant, i.e., by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our newsletter.
Megalant collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide access to the Megalant web shop
• To send notifications on special offers and promotional activities via e-mail (newsletter)
• To present special offers and promotional activities via phone calls
• For inquiries received via the contact form on the page Contact megalant.com
Sharing the personal data provided to us
Megalant undertakes to observe confidentiality in relation to the personal data you provide.
The Company may share your data with third parties only as described in this Policy.
The Company may only share your personal data with suppliers that provide certain external services for Megalant (newsletters, advertising agencies, and analyses described below). In such cases, Megalant uses standard data protection provisions in order to take the measures necessary to ensure the adequate level of protection of your personal data. Megalant does not allow its suppliers to use or share the data for any purpose other than to meet their contractual obligations regarding Megalant.
Retention period for provided personal data
Your personal data will be collected and processed for as long as you use our services or for a maximum period of ten years, or until you withdraw your consent to the processing of the provided personal data.
Based on applicable regulations, your rights are as follows:
• You can request access to your personal data, i.e., you have the right to receive information whether we process any personal data relating to you;
• If the personal data relating to you are incorrect, you have the right to obtain the rectification of such data (without undue delay), as well as to have any incomplete personal data completed;
• You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you (without undue delay) where one of the following grounds applies:
a) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
b) you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
c) you object to the processing;
d) the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
e) the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the EU law or law of the Republic of Croatia;
f) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information company services (such as e-commerce);
• You have the right to obtain restriction of personal data processing where one of the following applies:
a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of such personal data;
b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
c) we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
d) you have objected to processing pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your interests, rights and freedoms;
• You have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of the personal data you have provided to us;
Request for data rectification or notice on withdrawal of the consent to the processing of the provided personal data may be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Cookies are used to understand user behaviour. They help us tailor our website to your personal needs. In order for the megalant.com pages to work properly, they must store small files with information, so-called cookies, on the user’s computer. Cookies do not contain your personal data. They enable faster and more efficient recognizing of information, data and settings you previously used when you accessed our website.
Disabling cookies may affect the user’s ability to use some of the functionalities provided by the megalant.com web shop.
If you want to disable cookies, you can adjust the settings of your device by selecting this option in the menu of your browser, under Tools / Options.
Megalant d.o.o. statistically monitors the traffic on its web pages to obtain the necessary information about their marketing performance, using a third-party service – Google Analytics, which is used to monitor web statistics and user demographics and web behaviour. Detailed information available at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
This website contains links to third-party websites, such as Megalant’s social media pages and alike.
We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such websites through their use. Please review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites you use.